It’s hard to believe that 2015 is already half over. It’s been quite a year so far with a lot of exciting things happening, but also marred with the pain in my hamstring that has been plaguing me for most of the year.
Healing my hamstring is going to be my main focus for the rest of the year. We also have a few other very exciting things happening in the next 6 months, a wedding!! a second post wedding party and a bunch of travel and races.
As for those goals I set back in January, let’s see how I’ve been doing.
1) Run Nutrition – so so, ok well really not so good. I still need to work on this.
2) Running straight – This one when my hamstring feels good is actually going pretty well. I did really well during the Rock n’ Roll SD half and didn’t walk much.
3) Mental Toughness – still a work in progress – my hamstring pain is making this difficult, but…I am determined and I will finish even if I have to walk or crawl through that finish line!
4) Trail/Hill Running – we have done a lot more trail, but again due to the hamstring, hill running has not been happening
5) Cross Training – I feel like this is going pretty well
6) Core work – I’ve been really good about doing core exercises and I think I’m ahead of the game on this one
7) Eating healthy & drinking more water – again this is a work in progress
My favorite things from the last 6 months. It’s been a really busy 6 months.
January – Going to to Hawaii with Sean
February – Valentine’s Day in San Diego
March – LA Marathon & Moving to San Diego!!
April – Leona Divide 50K, my first ultra & cake tasting for our wedding!
May – One of the few non-painful races this year at Rock n’Roll SD
June – Crewing for Sean at the SD100 and the San Francisco Summer Solstice
I can’t wait to see what happens next…