“Disclaimer: I received a UV Half Buff from Buff USA to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”
I received the Stadi Fuschia UV Reflective half buff about a month ago and I’ve been using it non stop since. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen me in it a lot lately.
I love it so much I even bought a second one when I was with Sean at the Tahoe Rim Trail 100 mile race in mid July.
What is a half buff? Well it can be used in a variety of different ways.
I’ve worn mine as a hair band, bandana, I’ve pulled it down to keep my ears warm, as a neckwarmer and more importantly as a way to keep my neck cool by putting ice water and ice inside it, and I’ve even worn it as an eye mask while crewing/sleeping in the car while Sean is running a 100 mile race.
Some of the ways I’ve worn my Buff USA half buffs.
They also show that you can wear it as a helmet liner, a hat liner, a headband and I’ve even seen people where them on their wrists to wipe away sweat.
From the Buff USA website:
Half the length of original UV BUFF® headwear, the UV Reflective Half BUFF® option offers efficient thermal properties, built-in sun protection, moisture management and reflective strips that are ideal for runners. Able to dry quickly and control odor, this sweat-wicking layer fits easily under a helmet. It’s a versatile, go anywhere piece wearable at least nine different ways.
- Blocks 95% of UV rays*
- Multifunctional – See Above for some of th ways I’ve worn mine
- Exceptional Moisture-wicking with its 4-channel fibers
- Soft, breathable Coolmax Extreme fabric – I wore mine around my neck at the AC100 finish last weekend in 90+ degree weather & didn’t get burnt or overheated & I didn’t wet it down
- Cool in the summer, extra layer of warmth in the winter – see above I’ve worn mine in hot & cold conditions and been comfortable.
- Polygiene Active Odor Control – I can attest to this, I’ve worn mine on my head while sweating profusely and have forgotten to wash it and not smelled anything on it. 😊
- Quick drying’ – but not too quick when you want to stay cool
- 100% Seamless which means it doesn’t cause chafing
I don’t know why I wasn’t aware of what a buff was before this but it is my new favorite go-to while hiking, running, racing or just hanging out.
I love the size of the half buff, but they do have full sized buffs that can be used in a few more ways. They have different materials including wool & Polartec® Microfleece™ as well as a lot of other products. You can even get a buff for your dog!!
You don’t have to be a runner to use a half buff, they have special UV Insect Shield® BUFF® that will repel insects for up to 70 washes so if you fish, hunt or camp in places that have a lot of biting insects this will keep them at bay.
I can’t go thru all the amazing products that Buff USA has available, so I recommend you check it out at www.buffusa.com.
Have you ever tried a buff from Buff USA?
Check-out the reviews of my fellow BibRave Pros…