This post is sponsored by iwi. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
As a vegan, I am very picky about supplements, and it’s not always easy to find 100% vegan options. I am really excited to be partnering up with iwi to share their vegan Omega-3 & Cholesterol supplements.
So let’s start with why Omega-3s are important in general.
They promote healthy hearts & arteries
They can soothe your nervous system
Can help maintain the amount of calcium & support healthy joints & bones
They can improve eye health
Can fight anxiety and depression
They can help fight inflammation
Can improve symptoms of mental disorders
And can help reduce fat in your liver
Omega-3s from iwi are made with their unique and proprietary form of algae, Almega®PL. There are independent clinical studies that show that iwi Omega-3 absorbed at least 50% more than products made from other sources.
iwi algae farms are found on previously unused land in the desert of West Texas & Southern New Mexico and have been turned into thriving algae farms that have the potential to feed & nourish millions of people. These farms are able to help to preserve our oceans by leaving key ecosystems right where they belong.
The algae crop from iwi’s farms do not require precious freshwater or an abundance of rich soil – all they need is sunshine, desert land and saltwater to produce our nutrient-dense algae. And 97% of the salt water used is recycled back into the harvesting system – the remaining 3% is due to evaporation, making this a very sustainable & earth-friendly product!
I’ve been looking for a vegan Omega-3 for a while now, and these soft gels are super easy to swallow. You take just one a day (and don’t need to take with food or water). I’ve been taking them for a few weeks now, and while I haven’t felt any physical changes, I do feel good taking them since I don’t eat a lot of the vegan sources of Omega-3s – like Chia & Flax Seeds and Walnuts & Brussel Sprouts, among others.
iwi Omega-3s contains DHA and the world’s only EPA that is naturally bound to glycolipids and phospholipids. It’s also packed with nutrients: chlorophyll, phytosterols, Omega-7, carotenoids and other antioxidants (from the iwi website).
I was also sent a second bottle of Cholesterol soft gels. The cholesterol supplement is different from the Omega-3 in that it is strictly for helping to decrease cholesterol numbers and is an EPA only supplement. I personally have not tried this one and won’t until I have my cholesterol numbers tested to see if it’s necessary for me.
From iwi’s clinical trial of 104 healthy participants, they found that using the Cholesterol product on a daily basis reduced total cholesterol numbers & reduced VLDL (bad cholesterol) by 25%.
I’m excited to see what happens as I continue to use iwi Omega-3 soft gels, and I’m hoping that they will not only help me to maintain optimum cholesterol numbers, but also help with my eye health, anxiety & inflammation from all the exercise.
In the market for a 100% vegan, Non-GMO certified, & Gluten Free Omega-3 or Cholesterol product? Use code RUNNYLEGS30 to save 30% on your first order www.iwilife.com. Plus if you subscribe you’ll save an additional 20%. #betterlivingbeginswithin #iwilife