It’s been a while since I’ve shared some of my favorite things. I’ve had the opportunity to try some new stuff lately and I wanted to share with you all.
1) The Altra Running Escalante Racers are my fav road shoes but I just got the new Kayentas and wow are they amazing. I had the opportunity to try them out last December when I did a photo shoot with Altra and I thought they were amazing then, now that I’ve actually had the opportunity to run in them for real, they are a new fav. They fit a little more snuggly with a sock like liner and they have a slightly stiffer mid sole from the Max LT vs the Altra EGO™ with InnerFlex™ in the racer.
2) Runderwear, not something we talk about often, but when I had the opportunity to test out a few of their products, I was actually really excited. I have been wearing tights or tight shorts lately that don’t have the built in underwear & it’s so hard to find underwear that don’t move around when you run or spin. I got to try 2 pairs of underwear & one of Runderwear’s Support Running Bras. I loved the Anti VPL Low Rise Hipster, super comfy, never moved, I wore them when I ran from the finish line to mile 16 in the rain the morning of the Boston Marathon and never noticed them at all.
I put the Support Running Bra through it’s paces as well, I wore it all day on Friday including on the plane when we were red eying to Boston. I barely noticed I had it on. I also ran in it twice this past weekend, including Monday when it rained. I notice that while it did not dry immediately, it didn’t take a long time to, especially after the first run which wasn’t in the rain. I’ve probably mentioned it before but I hate the whole wet sports bra thing and I didn’t feel like that about this one. I’m looking forward to testing it out on the trails soon.
3) After I was diagnosed with hyperthyroid, which you can read about here, I was a little, ok a lot, scared to run so I started going to Soul Cycle. At first I did it because they had Warrior week & I wanted the Drunk Elephant kit, but it became a habit & now unless I am out of town, I go to class twice a week. I love it, I sweat like crazy, I get a great workout and get to be around some amazing people. Want to come too? You can sign up here. San Diego now has two locations, one at UTC in La Jolla & another in Del Mar.
4) I got to try a few new things at Lululemon and I am in love with the Fast and Free Tight II 25in. I wasn’t sure at first if I would like these, but OMG, they are amazing, they literally feel like a second skin. I’ve worn them for spin & I ran in them before the Boston Marathon in the rain and they were so comfortable.
I’ve also been loving the Breeze by Muscle Crop. I never really wore crops before but the Muscle Crop is nice & loose and long enough that it covers the part of my tummy I’m not in love with 😉 lol.
5) I was gifted a product that is very unique and I was skeptical at first but it’s now one of my favorite things. The Fasciawear Patented Active Form-Support for Athletes is a unique body suit style outfit that I feel like is a full body compression suit, where I felt like cat woman, but I wore it for a few hours this morning and I instantly felt like I had better posture.
From the Fasciawear website: Fasciawear has built-in Power-Strips that stimulate the fascia network in the human body. The patented Active From-Support mechanism improves body awareness, body posture and guides proper hip-knee-ankle alignment during exercise.
Want to try Fasciawear for yourself? You can use code runnylegs to save $50.
6) The goodr x rabbit kit. What an awesome collab! I love the shorts & the tank with the rabbit & flamingo mesh, so cute! And in Boston we met the guy from goodr who helped create the kit with rabbit, such a small world. This is a limited edition collab so if you are interested, you want to get a set ASAP.
I haven’t always been the most adventurous when it comes to trying new things and new products but I am really happy I stepped outside the box to try these things.
What’s something new that you have tried recently?
This post contains affiliate links & if you make a purchase I might earn a small commission.