I was so excited to be a part of this challenge, if you follow me on Instagram, you know that I’ve been down and out with chronic high hamstring tendonitis that has been plaguing me off an on for the last 5 years. I was excited because while I haven’t been running, I’ve still been eating like I was running and as I turn 40! tomorrow, I needed a way to kickstart a healthier diet.
How did week 1 go? Well honestly, it didn’t go great for me. I started the week off on a high after walking the San Diego Rock n Roll half in a pretty decent time. I was super excited because while I had some pain while walking, as soon as I stopped speed walking the pain disappeared! YAY!! Progress.
But then I took off for Phoenix the next morning for work and boy did all my good intentions fly out the window. I was so crazy busy the whole time I was there I didn’t even have a chance to look at the website. Then I headed home just in time to spend the day crewing Sean at SD 100.
So unfortunately week one was a bust for me, but we all have weeks like that, we can always start again.
Even though I wasn’t able to do the challenge exactly, here’s what I did do in week one:
- Up my water intake
- Drink only 1 cup of coffee a day
- Continue drinking a smoothie every day (I went to Nekter the day before my session started and got a Pitaya Bowl and 2 bottles of green juice for during my event)
- I cut back on the amount I ate during my event, I always overeat.
- And took a walk or did weights every day.
Now that I’m back home this week, week 2 should go much more smoothly. I’m still only drinking one cup of coffee and Sean makes me a smoothie every morning.
If you missed last week like I did, it’s not too late to get started. Head over to Designer Protein’s blog to get the scoop on week 2. Share a photo on Instagram or Facebook tagging @designerprotein, @vitaminshoppe and @zorn_fitness and #athleteinside and you can be entered in to win some amazing prices.
- Grand prize is a prize pack valued at $1200: 1 $100 gift card to The Vitamin Shoppe, custom fitness/nutrition plan from Zorn Fitness (valued at $900) and a 6-month supply of Designer Protein products (valued at $250)
- 10 mini-winners: 1 $50 gift card to The Vitamin Shoppe, + 3-month supply of Designer Protein (valued at $150)
And remember, just because you have an off week doesn’t mean that you can’t start at any time.